Inihaw Na Baboy
Inihaw or grilling is one of the basic Filipino cooking techniques and this simple dish works beautifully because of the marination in garlic and vinegar. Here is another yummy dish you can make on your grill.
- 8 pork chops or pork steaks (about 21/2 lbs/11/4 kg)
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 portion Garlic Soy Vinegar Dip or Sweet and Sour Sauce
2 Prepare the Garlic Soy Vinegar Dip or Sweet and Sour Sauce
3 Grill the meat over red-hot charcoal or under the broiler and serve with small bowls of the dip on the side.
Preparation time: 5 mins + overnight marination
Cooking time: 10 mins