Picadillo De Mais Recipe
by Del Monte Kitchenomics
Since 1984, consumers have been benefiting from the "Kitchenomics" program of Del Monte Pacific's major subsidiary, Del Monte Philippines, Inc. Kitchenomics has been designed to generate loyal consumption of Del Monte products by providing cooking enthusiasts with meal planning tips and recipes that are economical, delicious, nutritious and easy-to-prepare!
Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries and the Philippines (where it is known as giniling, and also Arroz a la Cubana) that is similar to hash. It is made with ground beef, tomatoes (tomato sauce may be used as a substitute), and other ingredients that vary by region.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 400g ground pork
- 3-4 ears (600 g) fresh corn, shredded (or 2 cups) canned corn kernel
- 1 pouch (250 g) DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce
- 1 pc medium carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 pc eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
2. add carrots and continue simmering until corn is tender. Stir in beaten eggs and malunggay leaves. Simmer for 2 minutes.