Magic Steamed Tofu with Shrimp Mousse
by Chef Boy Logro
Kusina Master is a 15-minute cooking show that features a step-by-step cooking guide and unfold excellent kitchen skills and unravel secrets to make cooking and food preparation effortless and fun.
When one thinks of healthy ingredients, tofu tops the list. Here, Chef Boy demonstrates how to cast a spell to make Magic Steamed Tofu with Shrimp Mousse. Of course, there are many kinds of tofu. For this special dish, the culinary whiz uses soft tofu or silken tofu which is much higher in water content which explains the soft,almost velvety texture.
- 300 grms. shrimp, shelled
- 1 tspn. chopped cilantro
- ½ cup water chestnuts
- 2 tspn. sesame oil
- 2 tbspn. cornstarch
- 1 tbspn. rice wine
- 1 8g sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- 3 blocks soft tofu, each block sliced into 5
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbspn. soy sauce
- 4 tbspn. water
- 1½ tbspn. brown sugar
- ½ tspn. sesame oil
1. Combine shrimps with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP in a food processor. Process ingredients until finely chopped.
2. Scoop out a small hole at center of each tofu slice but not all the way through. Fill with about 2 tspns. shrimp mousse. Transfer onto a dish that will fit the steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes.
3. Drain excess water from the dish and pour sauce over steamed tofu.
4. Sprinkle with chopped onions before serving.
5. To make sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves.