Grilled Tilapia in Coconut Milk
Cooking with coconut milk is common in the province of Quezon, south of Manila. Freshwater tilapia fish is grilled then simmered in coconut milk and chili.
- 2 whole tilapia fish
- 1 inch ginger, crushed then chopped
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- mustard leaves (mustasa)
- salt to taste
1. Salt the tilapia fish then grill. When done, put in a pan.
2. Add the ginger on top of the fish. Pour coconut cream and sprinkle with chili flakes.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce has reduced to half. Season with salt.
4. Add the mustard leaves then simmer until the leaves are cooked. This is now ready to serve.