Fresh mussels steamed in its sweet sea flavor with fresh garden vegetables sliced and tossed in your favorite dressing.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups tahong (mussels), cooked and shelled
- 1 cup tahong, cooked but left on the shells for garnish
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
1. Blanch the cabbage by immersing in a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain then immediately plunge cabbage into a bowl of ice cold water. Let stand about 5 minutes then drain.
2. In a mixing bowl combine cabbage, red and green peppers, and carrots.
3. Stir in cooked tahong . Chill in refrigerator.
4. In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, ketchup, sugar, salt and pepper. Let stand a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
5. Pour the dressing on the vegetable-tahong mixture just before serving. Garnish with cooked tahong on shells. Serve cold.