by Chef's Classics
Be it for breakfast or an afternoon snack, nothing beats a steaming bowl of arroz caldo. Here’s a recipe that will remind you of mom’s good ol' lugaw. Mm-hmm! Served best with a big, warm hug!
- ½ kilo chicken breast, deboned and cut into cubes
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- ¼ cup garlic, toasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 pcs calamansi, sliced
- 1 pc fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pc lemon grass, pounded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a Chef’s Classics Red Carnation Saucepot over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, onions and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken, and cook until brown.
3. Add rice, lemon grass and chicken stock.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Add water to adjust consistency.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
8. Garnish with spring onion, toasted garlic and serve with calamansi. Blanket and sweaters are optional!