Beef Medallion with Chocolate Mushroom Sauce
by Chef Boy Logro
Kusina Master is a 15-minute cooking show that features a step-by-step cooking guide and unfold excellent kitchen skills and unravel secrets to make cooking and food preparation effortless and fun.
Cuts of beef come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Their location and function on the animal has a profound influence on the texture and flavor of the beef. The most tender and highly sought cut of beef is the tenderloin, from which beef medallions are cut.
- 500g Beef tenderloin, medallion cut
- 50g Shitake mushroom, sliced
- 500g Chocolate Bittersweet
- 50g Butter
- ½ cup Cooking oil
- 1tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp. Crushed black peppercorn
- 2 tsp. Mustard
- 1 cup Red wine (reduction)
- ¼ cup Chicken stock
2. Melt chocolate in sauce pot and add aujus from grill pan. Add chicken stock. Season to taste.
3. Arrange beef medallion, over the top with chocolate gravy sauce on platter.