by Chef Boy Logro
Kusina Master is a 15-minute cooking show that features a step-by-step cooking guide and unfold excellent kitchen skills and unravel secrets to make cooking and food preparation effortless and fun.
Mechado is one of the popular dishes that originated in Philippines, although it’s a Spanish word which means larded but the fact remained that it’s an original Filipino dish. This is a great recipe to have for dinner or lunch. You will see many restaurants in the Philippines that carry this particular dish.
- 500g pork liempo
- 1 tbsp of margarine
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup UFC BANANA KETCHUP
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 small carrots, cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- ½ cup water
1. In hot pan, sauté garlic and onion in oil and margarine.
2. Add in sliced tomatoes and sauté for few minutes.
3. Next add pork and sauté for a couple of minutes.
4. Pour in ½ cup of water, sliced potatoes, carrots and red bell peppers. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Add UFC BANANA KETCHUP and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer until fully cooked. Serve with rice.