by Chef Boy Logro
Kusina Master is a 15-minute cooking show that features a step-by-step cooking guide and unfold excellent kitchen skills and unravel secrets to make cooking and food preparation effortless and fun.
Another exciting food for our senior loved ones is Sizzling Tofu Sisig with Crispy Kangkong. How can something so delicious be nutritious? Well, you got to taste it to believe it. This dish is quite simply, terrific.
- 500g tofu, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp parsley
- 2 finger chilies, sliced
- ½ white onion, chopped
- black pepper to taste
- 1 bundle of kangkong
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cold water
- 1½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mayonnaise to go with kangkong
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- cooking oil
2. In bowl, combine mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar, parsley, water, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Heat the mayo mixture in low heat while stirring. Set aside.
4. Take your heated sizzling plate and add a small amount of vegetable oil. Saute garlic, bell pepper and onions until cooked, add in the tofu and mayo dressing and mix.
5. Top with sliced finger chili and onions.
6. Remove the kangkong leaves. Wash in water and dry.
7. Mix the egg, water, cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the kangkong leaves and mix until all the leaves are coated with the batter.
8. Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the leaves until crispy and golden brown.
9. Strain the cooked pieces for excess oil. Serve with mayonnaise.