Jamon Serrano & Queso Manchego Pizza
by Chef Rob Pengson
The concept of "Chef To Go" is about having your own personal chef cook for you at home. It is also the first cooking show ever to be seen on primetime television.
Fresh hams are trimmed and cleaned, then stacked and covered with salt for about two weeks in order to draw off excess moisture and preserve the meat from spoiling. The salt is then washed off and the hams are hung to dry for about six months. Finally, the hams are hung in a cool, dry place for six to eighteen months, depending on the climate, as well as the size and type of ham being cured. The drying sheds (secaderos) are usually built at higher elevations, which is why the ham is called mountain ham.
- 2 pc 8”x4” puff pastry baked flat to a deep golden brown (puff pastry puffs up, to bake flat weigh it down with a rack)
- 6 slices Tomato
- 100g Thinly sliced Jamon Serrano
- 80g Thinly sliced Manchego cheese
- 2 handfuls arugula
- ¼ cup Basic Vinaigrette like Balsamic
- 1 tbsp Truffle oil, optional
- ½ cup Raspberry mixed with 1/3 cup water
2. Place in the puff with the cheese and tomato over it and bake until golden
3. Once removed, garnish with arugula dressed in a basic vinaigrette and with the raspberry coulis.